The History of Records Quiz
1. Who is given credit as the first person to record sounds?
2. What was the first battle of media players?
Record players vs. CD players
CD players vs. cassette Decks
Cylinder machines vs. disc machines
3. When was vinyl first used as the main material for records?
4. Why were records first recorded at 33 1/3 revolutions per minute?
It's the only speed at which 12-inch records will play
It sounds better than 45 RPM
To keep in sync with talking pictures
5. There was once a record player developed for installation in cars.
6. When did the art of turntablism have its beginnings?
7. The turntable is a musical instrument.
8. The musicians who played on the first "Jazz" record were black.
9. The first-ever dip in record sales occurred because of...
The popularity of radio
The introduction of compact audio cassette tapes
10. When did DJs first start "spinning" records?